My photo
Aspiring writer, avid reader and cat enthusiast.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Anticipation.

I really feel like I'm on the brink of something big right now.

I have quite a few exciting projects that I want to share with you - partly because I just want to, and partly because I'm hoping it'll help me actually keep track of everything. Well, I can dream.

First of all, my collaborative YouTube channel, The Foureign Dames, is currently one off fifty subscribers. To think that this came from a girl in Nebraska having an idea, I'm stunned at how well we're doing. So many times in my life I have started a project with unbounded enthusiasm, only to give up two weeks - alright, two days - in. But not this time. I'm proud to say that we've now been plodding along for almost five months. And I'm loving it. I'm loving the friendships that I'm building with the other three girls, not to mention those with our awesome subscribers. I'm so excited for what this channel will bring me in 2012.

I'm really working hard on my writing. The Lessthanthree project, run by Hayley Hoover and Kristina Horner, has seriously given me the kick up the backside I needed to GET GOING. The deadline is a month away for submissions, and I'm well into my story now - I'm proud of what I've created and of the fact that I've committed myself to it - and I can only hope that it will make the cut. If it does, who knows where this could take me. I honestly see no limits. And if it doesn't, I'll simply be grateful that it got me back into writing again, and use that to my advantage.

I'm home and looking for a job. I'm out of what was the worst situation I've ever found myself in, and I'm unbelievably thankful to have escaped. I'm back with my family and friends and I feel alive again. This Christmas was the best ever, and I'm now set to gallumph happily into the new year.

I'm in the very very early days of realising one of my most unrealistic dreams: to be in a Wrock band. A very good friend of mine, who started off as a solo artist, has invited me to join her, and we, along with another close friend, are now very tentatively forming a trio. Having spent my day yesterday working out harmonies and making exciting plans, I'm now getting the feeling that this is going to be the start of something big. Watch this space.

I'm feeling very hopeful for the new year, and thankful for everything 2011 has brought me.

Love to you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment