My photo
Aspiring writer, avid reader and cat enthusiast.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

M'off 'ome.

So here's a mishmashkaboodle [What do you mean, SpellCheck? Of COURSE that's a real word!] of what's occurin' in my life at the moment.

I go home for the weekend the day after tomorrow. That means tomorrow I can say I'M GOING HOME TOMORROW. I am so stoked. I'm flying home on Friday at 6pm, and should land at five to seven. My dear grandma and unofficial chauffeur is picking me up from the airport (with her being the first loved one I'll have seen in almost two months, I may knock her over in excitement) and whizzing me straight to Frankie and Benny's for a meal with my friends. Probably not whizzing though. My gran's kinda slow at driving. So yeah, then it's friends and food from eight thirty - and I just know we're going to have such a laugh. It's a reunion for pretty much everyone, seeing as they've all been off doing their own thing. Most of my friends are at Uni, it's really just me and my best friend Jesamine that are the odd ones out (though some say we're just odd), with me sodding off overseas and her setting up an illustrating business. (Jesamine's thing is cool. Mine involves wiping noses and bottoms etc. Sigh.) So it'll be awesome to see the old gang again. It's kind of sad in a way though, because I know a few people aren't going to be able to make it due to distance (we're spread as far afield as Cambridge and Northampton) and that's a rather ominous foreshadowing of how little we're going to see each other over the next four years or so. But it's my firm belief that if we're determined enough, we'll stay as close as we ever were. And there's always those golden days of summer...

After dinner with my friends I'll be zooming home (HOME! FINALLY!!!!) in a good old taxi cab, and bouncing around, making a mess in my room for old times' sake and waiting very impatiently for my mum and dad to get home from the theatre. They're both in a stage adaptation of Open All Hours at the moment, with my dad playing the lead. How come my parents and my best friend do cool stuff and I wipe arses for a living? But I digress. I'll be home, and we'll be reunited, and it shall be AWESOME. Saturday night I'm going to the theatre with my family to see my parents' play - this is why I booked this weekend home, by the way - and breeze around in the theatre bar afterwards with good old Yorkshire people for a change.

Sunday (not that I want to think about Sunday yet; I don't really want it to get here) I'll be having a meal out with my parents and then heading back to the dreaded airport to get going on another two months here in Oirland. I'll just try to keep in mind that after THEY'RE over with, I'll be home for good, thank goodness.

Alors. That's a little plan of my next few days for you... I'm going to enjoy myself, take loads of photos and videos and not use the internet for the entire weekend - so that's where I'll be. :D
Tomorrow I'll be tidying my room and gathering together the stuff I need for Friday (my memory's like a sieve, I swear) so I'll see you on Monday probably. Which I hope doesn't come for a long long time!

Peaceoutgirlscout.

No comments:

Post a Comment